Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Testing (The Testing #1) by Joelle Charbonneau Review ~Kami


The Testing (The Testing #1)



I was gifted this ARC from the publisher through Net Galley. Expected publication: June 4th 2013 by Houghton Mifflin Books for Children. Thank You!

I love YA dystopias. I loved Hunger Games, Divergent and Delirium. So when I got an email from NetGalley saying that I could have an ARC of The Testing, a YA dystopia, for two days, I jumped at the chance.

16-year-old Cia is excited to be an adult, graduating and given a chance to go to The University. Cia's father tells her about his nightmares from his own Testing, though candidates memories are wiped before they attend The University. He then tells her not to trust anybody. Cia partners up with Tomas. There are 108 candidates to be tested and of those 20 will make it to attend The University. There are a four rounds of tests which become increasingly violent. 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment