Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Spellbinding by Maya Gold Review ~Kami


Spellbinding


This book was gifted to me from the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review. Thank You!

16-year-old Abby lives in Ipswich and is having reoccurring dreams about witch trials. Then she is given an assignment in her US History class to bring a detailed family tree where she finds that she does in fact have ancestors from Salem, Mass. In Salem, Abby meets a boy, Rem who resembles a boy in her witch trial dreams. Abby has a crush on a popular jock, Travis and is harassed by mean girls at her school. Abby finds a spell book and starts practicing real magic. By chapter 6, I was really getting into the story. I liked Abby a lot. I thought everything going on was really interesting. I was noticing that this story has a lot of low ratings and flaming reviews but I liked the book. Yeah, maybe it is a bit predictable but I was still liking it in the beginning. Toward the end, the story took a strange turn and then I wasn't liking it as much. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment