Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Days with the Undead: Book One by Julianne Snow Review ~Kami


Days with the Undead: Book One

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13507258-days-with-the-undead
http://www.amazon.com/Days-Undead-Book-One-ebook/dp/B007F14OTA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359163980&sr=1-1&keywords=days+with+the+undead
http://www.amazon.com/Julianne-Snow/e/B007WH0MN4

This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review. Thank You.

I feel like I know zombies pretty well. I own a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. I have watched every episode of the Walking Dead. I've watched a Romero movie or four. I know that you aim for the head. And I know you need to get out of the cities but don't take the roads. So do I feel confident that I would survive a zombie apocalypse? Naw. I wouldn't last a week.

Days with the Undead: Book One is a journal of survival. It begins on day 3 and ends on day 31. There is an ER doctor, a forensic pathologist, a sniper, an intelligence officer, and an environmental scientist. They are all zombie fans and zombie survivalists. Weapons experience, an expert in edible plants, a map collector and “a mechanical and technological junkie”. “...just a group of people trying to stay alive.”

Like I said before, I like a good zombie story. I like the saga of the fight for survival. Days with the Undead had a really good description of the zombie outbreak as told by the ER doctor. I liked how each character had a story to tell about their life, their sacrifices, their mistakes and their pain. They were each sympathetic and I liked them all. Crazy stuff was happening with the outbreak and each day the narrator asks for her readers to pray and fight for the living. The group doesn't really have a plan. They just want to go somewhere safe. They move from Canada to the United States and back to Canada while the narrator searches the internet for a safe place and posts her journal entries. This is a well written zombie tale with unique elements. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment