Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Into the Dark 1 - 4 by Milly Silver Review ~Kami



Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark #1)

by 

Into the Dark, Vol. 2 (Into the Dark #2)

by 






http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16299796-into-the-dark-vol-2
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16567625-into-the-dark-vol-3





This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review. Thank You!

17-year-old Emily has been having seizures and travelling to parallel worlds since she was 13. The parallel worlds are manned by monsters or Misery-Makers. Emily has no recourse against the monsters except running away from them and hiding. Emily has no idea why she can travel to the worlds. She has no idea why the monsters attack her. She just wants a normal life. There wasn't a whole lot of world building in this one since it is the first installment. There is a lot left unclear. I was having some problems with Emily. I think she will probably get stronger as the series progresses. There are a couple mysterious boys that I would like to know more about. The only thing to do is to the read the next installment. 4 stars.







I am not sure why this book was cut up into four parts like it was instead of a novel. I don't understand the logic behind a serial novel like the Green Mile. That said, on to book 3. I am still annoyed with Emily. She is such a silly girl all obsessed with Henry. This is a quick read and I feel that I won't get any satisfying answers until book 4. The book is well written and the pacing is good but I get impatient with Emily. She has allies but she is so stagnant. Her inertia makes me want to shake her so that she will do something! The Alchemist's identity is revealed but not the Logician. I like the cool comic book names. This one ends very abruptly with a serious cliffhanger. 4 stars


The conclusion of this serial novel. Where all is revealed and Emily grows a spine. The first installment is chapters 1-5. The  second installment is chapters 6-13. The  third installment is chapters 14-20. The final installment is  chapters 21-31. This final vignette was my favorite. Everything worked out. 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment