Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Unlit Star by Lindy Zart Review ~Kami

Title: Unlit Star
Author: Lindy Zart
Genre: New Adult
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours


MY REVIEW:

The tone of this story is really sad and dreamy. The writing is really good. Rivers was in a terrible disfiguring accident. Delilah is the girl that cleans his house. I liked these characters a lot. Rivers is in a lot of pain and depressed by all that he's lost and Delilah is determined to draw him out of funk. It took me awhile to get into this story but then by chapter five I was hooked.I could then foresee the inevitable ugly cry in my future. This is a story that you just know isn't going to end happily but with most things in life it is the journey that is the most important, and not the destination. 4.5 stars.

Blurb:

We are not guaranteed anything, not even this life.

Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star—bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different.

He falls far and he falls hard.

Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life's ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun.

Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.



Author Bio:Lindy Zart has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, two sons, and one cat. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work.

Author Links:

Twitter.com/LindyZart
Facebook.com/LindyZart
Goodreads.com/author/show/6573131.Lindy_Zart

Listen to the playlists for Lindy’s books on Spotify.com
Get an ebook autograph from Lindy at Authorgraph.com

Buy links:


Excerpt:Our eyes meet, his dark and searching. I don't have time to answer before he says, “When you look at me, you have to be repulsed.”
By what?” I ask.
He gestures to the scars that line his face and then to his legs.
I don't even see them,” I say with all honesty.
His eyebrows lower and his eyes follow. I caught the blatant yearning in his gaze just before he hid it. He wants to believe me, but can't allow himself to.
My fingers curl into the palms of my hands to keep from reaching out to him. I blow out a noisy breath and look at a caterpillar ever so slowly creeping along the grass. I put my finger out and it carefully feels my skin before crawling over it, tickling my flesh as it goes.
I smile. “He's so slow, but you know what? He never gives up. He knows, one day, he'll be free,” I say in a low voice. “He's ugly to most, but to those that matter, he's beautiful. They know his potential. They know where he started and where he'll end, and how long it will take for him to get there. It's something to be admired, not tossed aside.”
You're saying one day I'll be a butterfly,” he says skeptically.
I look up. “I'm saying you've always been one.”
Rivers stares at me for a long time, his eyes tracing the angles and curves of my face. “You say a lot of strange stuff, you know that?”
Nodding, I hide a smile. “I guess so.”
His tone is thoughtful when he tells me, “I like it. I like being around you.”








No comments:

Post a Comment