Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Lila’s Wolf (Out of Time #1) Release Day Blitz ~Kami

Lila’s Wolf (Out of Time #1)




Book Title: Lila’s Wolf

Author Name: Sofia Grey

Name of series and book number in series: Out of Time series; this is book #1

Genre: Dark time-travel romantic suspense

Publisher: Hartwood Publishing (http://HartwoodPublishing.com)

Date of Publication: 4 September 2014



Tagline:

The only way to save him, might be to leave him behind



Blurb:

When Lila Cammell is abandoned by her time-jump partner, leaving her alone in Britain in the Dark Ages, revenge is the only thing on her mind. She’d trusted Jared Grohl with her life and her heart, and bringing him to justice will be sweet.

Finding him captured and enslaved by the Saxons changes all her assumptions. Now it’s a fight for survival, but the only way to save him, might be to leave him behind.






Book links:









Author links:


Catch me blogging with Allyson Lindt at www.GeminiGirls.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6906923.Sofia_Grey
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sofia.Grey.Romance.Author
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sofiagrey1/
Twitter: @SofiaGreyAuthor https://twitter.com/SofiaGreyAuthor
Amazon author profile page: https://www.amazon.com/author/sofiagrey
Tumblr: sofiagreynz@tumblr.com
 http://youtu.be/mUkzETR_T7E





Author bio:

Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.

Music is interwoven so tightly into my writing that I can’t untangle the two. Either I’m listening to a playlist on my iPod, have music seeping from my laptop speakers, or there’s a song playing in my head – sometimes on auto-repeat.

Check out my playlists on Pinterest


Short Excerpt:

Released from his mistress’ quarters, Jared made his way through the corridors to the kitchen, to fetch her a snack. The cook made him wait long minutes, and he stood in the open doorway, gazing out at the fields beyond. More strangers arriving. A flash of corn-colored hair caught his eye, and he squinted to try and see them better. A young woman with a man’s arm around her, and with that bright hair she was most probably a visiting Saxon cousin. Not Lila. He let out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.
One day, it would be the ghardians. They wouldn’t abandon him. No matter how bad it was, he hung onto that thought, the single belief that sustained him through every day,
The tray was loaded with mead, rough bread, and stewed plums, and his stomach grumbled at the enticing smells. If Hilde had been pleased, she might share, otherwise he’d have to wait for supper with the other slaves. He repeated his mantra inside his head: My name is Jared, and I will be free again.


Longer excerpt:

Marc returned an hour later, tapping quietly on the door in the signal we’d established. Two swift knocks. Pause. One more. Pause. Then another two. I threw back the bolt and practically fell upon him, needing the comfort of another person. Needing his touch. He gave a short, pleased laugh and pulled me firmly into his arms, while sliding the bolt back into place.
It’s okay. They didn’t see me.” He draped one arm around my waist, the other across my shoulders. I felt his fingers stroking my neck and I buried my face against his throat. The intimate embrace felt strangely comfortable and it was a long moment before I realized Marc seemed equally happy with this. He dropped a soft kiss on my hair. “Lila, we need to talk.”
I snapped back to attention and wriggled free. “He was here.” My voice came out as a whisper. “Rowena brought Jared here. She wanted to know if I knew him.”
Marc’s eyes widened. He grabbed my hand and led me to sit on the bed with him. “Tell me everything.” I recounted the tale, and he listened carefully, prompting me when I hesitated. He held my hand as I spoke, his thumb brushing gently across my fingers.
The way she said cellar,” I couldn’t hold back a shudder. “It sounded like some kind of punishment. How soon can we leave and get him out of here?”
His hand stilled on mine. “That’s where we may have a problem. I can’t be sure the signal went through. The communicator failed.”
So that means…”
It means we wait for the scheduled pickup in two weeks’ time.” He hesitated, and my heart plummeted to my feet. “It means we’re on our own.”



1 comment: