Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Triad Awakening (The Triad Trilogy, #1) by Michael Grigsby Review ~Kami


Triad Awakening (The Triad Trilogy, #1)

by 
http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Grigsby/e/B00BQ17B4A/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1


Sixteen-year-old Hagan Curtis is having a rough time and then he hears disembodied voices telling him to “find her”. A strange symbol from Hagan's English class matches the one that he finds in his dead brother's room. Then three spectral visitors show up. I thought it was funny that Hagan is reading King Lear in his English class, because when the three “weird sisters” show up, that reminded me of Macbeth. All the visitors yell is “Find Her!”. I wasn't sure how I felt about the story in the beginning. I didn't have an immediate connection to the characters. The story seemed kind of bland in the beginning but then it took a weird, supernatural turn. There are different realms, is what is explained to Hagan. Realm of Water, Mist, Flesh, Blood, the beings from these different realms are commonly referred to as humans, ghosts, zombies and vampires. There are portals that connect the realms. Hagan is part of a triad to police the realms. This book started getting really good and exciting after that and I was enjoying it. 4 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me stop by. I appreciate you and your readers!!!

    ReplyDelete