Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy #1) by Annie Walls Review


Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy #1)

by 
http://www.anniewalls.com/p/main-page.html



This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review. Thank You!

It has been four years since zombies started eating people, and Kansas is surviving on her own. This is a well-written zombie book. I like that Kansas fights with a machete and a crossbow. I have always thought that guns aren't good weapons for the zombie apocalypse because you will run out of bullets. You can re-use arrows, like Daryl Dixon does on The Walking Dead. I like that the author mentions how horrible the zombies' rotting corpses smell and how Kansas was about to vomit when she smelled them. They call the old, nasty, rotting zombies, putrids. I like all the descriptions of Kansas' survival gear. Kansas comes across a group of four survivors and takes them in. I was reminded of The Walking Dead through a lot of this book. Kansas goes to a town that reminded me of Woodbury. Kansas' father was a survivalist so she has a lot of knowledge which I thought was interesting. I really enjoyed reading about Kansas' survival in a zombie overrun world. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment