Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles #1) by Tara Brown Review ~Kami

Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles #1)

by


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16395341-vengeance?ac=1



I know the old adage “Don't judge a book by its cover” is true but I find myself being drawn to certain books because of their covers. The cover gives you an idea of what the book is about. I love this cover. I think it is really pretty.



I am convinced Tara Brown can write anything. Most authors stick to one genre but she writes several. This is what she says: “I am a Canadian author of Paranormal Romance, Post Apocalyptic and Fantasy novels. Mostly because I think I have Writers ADD, I like to call it WADD. It might be a real thing.
I write New Adult, my books have sexual content (Heck yes) and Swearing. You have been warned. Now enjoy!” The last book I read by her, Born was a zombie dystopia book. Vengeance is high fantasy.



Princess Amillia is a strong, sympathetic character. She is spunky and naïve. She makes some bad choices but I liked her. “I knew I wasn’t a normal princess, I was comfortable with it.” She is betrothed to a disgusting man. Amilia loves someone else. “Even in anger, I loved him more than I loved myself. The most dangerous kind of love.” She is then betrayed by her brother. This book is very well-written and the pacing is perfect. I really enjoyed it. 4 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment