Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Review of Heart Strings by Heather Gunter



Description:

Everyone thinks of me as this happy and upbeat person. What they don't know is that I carry a deep, dark secret. Something horrible happened to me a year ago, and I have kept it quiet all this time. I was fine for a while, but somehow it’s chosen this time to come back, and it's eating at me--like a cancer.

I need to tell someone about it, I just don't know how. I'm pushing everyone I love away, including my mom and my best friend Charlie.

Then there is Will. Handsome, sweet Will. We went out on a date a while back, but then the incident happened leaving me crushed and him confused.

How do you tell someone you care about all of your secrets, and will they still want you when the truth comes out?

Nanee's Review

After book one ended I couldn't wait for book 2 , Tory's story. Heather Gunter didn't disappoint...my emotions were all over the place, the ups and downs, mostly downs had me teary eyed and pissed off.......loved Will's character, what guy would care so much about a girl that pushes him away but he doesn't know why...he's a caring, sweet guy that you want to just hug and make him smile. Tori's nightmares keep her screaming in the night and she pushes away everyone she loves, I just wanted to tell her everything will be alright, I wanted to listen to her and be there for her. My heart broke for her...but she is one strong women. The writer captured her feelings, her sadness especially perfectly.....the author wrote with her heart and soul..I felt it.....4.5 stars

1 comment: