Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror #1) by Karina Halle ~Heaven Lyanne


 Dark House:
 With all the vampire, werewolf and faerie books out there, it's easy to become numb to all things supernatural. The antidote? Darkhouse introduces two real and unforgettable characters, Perry Palomino & Dex Foray, amateur ghost hunters who are "attractive, relatable and oddly heroic," "flawed but loveable," "slightly crazy" and just the most endearing pair to ever tackle the paranormal...just don't call them normal. Darkhouse is a thrilling and sexy new take on concepts like Supernatural and The X-Files, bringing a breath of fresh air to a genre that has been inundated with the dead.
~~~
"There's always been some­thing a bit off about Perry Palomino. Though she's been deal­ing with a quarter-life cri­sis and post-college syn­drome like any other twen­tysome­thing, she's still not what you would call "ordi­nary." For one thing, there's her past which she likes to pre­tend never hap­pened, and then there's the fact that she sees ghosts. Luck­ily for her, that all comes in handy when she stum­bles across Dex Foray, an eccen­tric pro­ducer for an upcom­ing web­cast on ghost hunters. Even though the show's bud­get is non-existent and Dex him­self is a mad­den­ing enigma, Perry is instantly drawn into a world that both threat­ens her life and seduces her with a sense of impor­tance. Her uncle's haunted light­house pro­vides the per­fect cat­a­lyst and back­drop for a hor­rific mys­tery that unrav­els the threads of Perry's frag­ile san­ity and causes her to fall for a man, who, like the most dan­ger­ous of ghosts, may not be all that he seems."



Rated 16+ for language and gore

Karina Halle:
The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with).
Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently splits her time between her apartment in downtown Vancouver and her sailboat, where a book and a bottle of wine are always at hand.
Darkhouse is her first novel and the first one in the Experiment in Terror Series. Things only get better from here on in.

My Review: Five Star's
Oh My Gosh why hasn't this book been introduced to me sooner?? Amazing job Karina Halle please do not stop writing! I love anything paranormal so when this book was recommend to me I thought 'sure why not' little did I know I would get hooked...Can someone please make this into a movie?!...
I couldn't put this down (my family got a tab bit annoyed with me by oh well) and finished it in hours. The plot was amazing and I felt like I knew the characters and with the things I didn't know made me want to keep reading (not many books do that for me). I just love when a book does that.
I don't wanna write too much because I just know I'll give something about the book away but if you haven't read this series give it a try! The first book is free so you have nothing to loose. :)
http://www.amazon.com/Darkhouse-Experiment-Terror-Karina-Halle-ebook/dp/B0050Q6HQK/ref=la_B0050KE63C_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1389467622&sr=1-2
~Heaven Lyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment