What’s a bear to do when a human has a polar-izing effect? Gene only has one thing on his mind, vengeance, until Vicky crashes into his life. When Vicky accidentally slides into the side of a polar bear, she doesn’t expect to fall in love. Eaten yes, perhaps used as a chew toy, but become the object of a bear’s affection and lust? Crazy! Almost as crazy as the fact the polar bear turns out to be a man. A sexy man. A man who growls, and roars and does everything he can to chase her away. Only to come back. Poor Gene. After the pain and betrayal he suffered in the war all he wants is vengeance against the brothers who left him behind. But he’s confused when instead of wanting to punish him for his evil acts, they offer him forgiveness. As if that weren’t annoying enough, the cutest geek he ever met—with caramel kissed skin covering a lush, rounded figure and wearing the sexiest dark rimmed glasses—won’t leave him alone. Or more like, he can’t seem to stop following her.
And it isn’t just because someone is out to hurt her. He wants her. But does he want her more than vengeance?
With a growl, he shifted shapes and stood, hands on his hips, glaring down at her.
“What am I going to do with you?” he muttered aloud.
She would, of course, take that moment to flutter her eyes open, blink, take in his appearance, and then, instead of screaming as expected, replied, in a slurred voice, “Wow. Can I suggest you do me?”
Well, that was unexpected. He surely misunderstood. “What the fuck did you say?”
She squinted, her glasses lost or tucked away. “You are naked.”
“Why are you naked? It’s cold out here.” As if to make that point clear, she shivered. “So cold.”
He held in yet another sigh. “You need to get somewhere warm before you die.”
“You mean I’m not dead yet?”
“Emphasis on the yet,” he grumbled.
“Oh. I guess I’m close then. That would explain why I’m hallucinating a giant naked man is talking to me.”
She thought him a hallucination? That might actually work in his favor.
“This is all a dream.”
A sigh escaped her. “Figures. I never have good ones. Why can’t I have one where I’m on a warm beach? With you naked still of course.” She smiled and giggled.
Gene frowned. Someone was feeling the effects of being out in the cold for too long. It happened. Something about the air, and other mumbo jumbo shit he didn’t pay much attention to. As a shifter he didn’t suffer from normal human frailties.
But she apparently did.
“Do you have a name?” he asked as he bent down to pick her up.
“Victoria, but people usually call me Vicky. Or Trippy. I’m a little clumsy,” she said in an almost whisper, as if confiding in him.
Clumsy was understating it from what he’d seen so far. With her in his arms, he faced the dilemma of how to climb the hill. He solved it the same way he had in the desert with one of his fallen mates. “I’m going to put you on my back. I need you to hold tight around my neck and wrap your legs around my waist.”
“You want me to piggyback you?”
“Yes,” he said, shifting her around his torso.
She clung to him, her chin resting on his shoulder, her limbs snug around him. It warmed him more than it should have.
“Don’t let go,’ he warned as he began to climb.
“I won’t. I can do anything in a dream,” she announced. “I can pretend I’m skinny and beautiful. I can meet strange naked men. I can even kiss them.”
And she did. She planted a sloppy smooch on his neck, and he almost lost his footing.
“What the hell was that for?” he barked.
“A thank you?” she said in a meek voice.
“You don’t need to thank me. This is a dream, remember?” He practically growled the words at her but couldn’t erase the sizzling heat of her embrace.
~ A New York Times & USA Today Bestseller ~ #1 Amazon Paranormal Romance Bestselling Author ~ Top 10 AllRomance Bestselling Author 2013
Hello, my name is Eve. I’m a stay at home mom who writes full time in between juggling my three kids, hubby, and housework, I write really raunchy stuff–usually with werewolves lol.
I am a bestselling Amazon author, ranking often in their top 100 romance authors. But I’m not just popular with Kindle readers. I was one of the top ten selling authors on AllRomance for 2013 and have had numerous of my books hit the top 20 books over all on Barnes & Nobles as well.
I am the first person to admit I am totally boring and lead a mundane life. Seriously. My idea of fun is shopping at our local Walmart lol. I like to play video games, cook, and read. My inspiration, hmm, I guess you could say hubby as he is a total alpha male which means I often want to club him over head with a frying pan. But, despite his ornery, ‘I-am-man’ nature, I love him dearly.
I’m writing romance, my way. I do have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. I like strong alpha males, naked chests and werewolves. Lots of werewolves. In fact, you’ll notice most of my multi partner stories revolve around great, big, overprotective Lycans who just want to please their woman. I am also extremely partial to aliens, you know the kind who abduct their woman and then drive them insane…with pleasure of course.
My heroines, they kind of run the gamut. I have some that are shy and soft spoken, others that will kick a man in the balls and laugh. Many of them are chubby, because in my world, girls with curves ROCK! Oh and some of my heroines are a teeny tiny bit evil, but in their defense, they need love too.
Some of my work does push boundaries and cross lines. Good and evil aren’t always clear in my tales, and in some cases, I’ve stomped on well known religious ideologies. Have I mentioned my imagination is a tad bit warped?
I tend to have a lot of sexual tension in my tales because I think all torrid love affairs start with a tingle in our tummies. And when my characters do finally give in to the needs of their flesh? Well, let’s just say, you shouldn’t be reading my stuff at work. The door is wide open, explicit and hot. Really, really hot.
I love to write, and while I don’t always know what my mind is going to come up with next, I can promise it will be fun, probably humorous and most of all romantic, because I love a happily ever after.
purchase links: Barnes and Noble
AUTHOR BIO, ETC.
Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance . I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor and am known for making readers giggle with my stories.
Do you love shapeshifters? I do, especially strong alpha males, the kind who take charge and aren’t afraid to get furry and kick ass for the one they want.
I am also extremely partial to aliens, the kind who like to abduct humans and then drive them insane...with pleasure.
Or do you like something a little darker, more serious? Then check out my cyborgs whose battle with humanity have captivated readers worldwide.
If you'd like to know more, read some excerpts or find out what I’m working on, then please visit me at http://www.EveLanglais.com or sign up for my newsletter at http://www.evelanglais.com/newrelease . I am also extremely active on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eve.langlais.98
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/eve.langlais.98
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EveLanglais (@evelanglais)
FB for parties so I can participate: https://www.facebook.com/evel.minion
Top 10 Fictional Book Characters of All Time
- Lucifer – my version of course. Awful of me to include one of my own characters I’m sure, but I absolutely love his sense of humor—and evil nature lol.
- Harry Dresden – He was the first modern day wizard I think I ever read about. I love him and his ghostly friend, Bob. (Written by Jim Butcher)
- Edward Cullen – Yeah I am totally team Edward! I read the books and while Bella got on all my nerves, I really liked Edward more so in the book than the movie though. (Stephanie Meyer)
- Curan – If you’ve never met this hunk-a-hunk of burning cat shifter, then you’ve missed out. Run, don’t walk to buy Ilona Andrews, Kate Daniels series.
- Drago. If you love domineering alpha dragons, then you need Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison.
- Rachel Morgan kicks demon ass! The Hollows by Kim Harrison is urban fantasy at its finest. Original and constantly evolving.
- Anita Blake, in the early days as written by Laurell K. Hamilton. The first seven or eight books in the series had her rocking as a heroine.
- Vlad as written by Jeaniene Frost. He is so unrepentantly arrogant and alpha that I just adore him.
- Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. He had the most complex, heart breaking story. But at the same time has proven to be the most fascinating character throughout her Dark Hunter series (which I am woefully behind on lol).
- Name your favorite!
Top 10 Vampires in Books
Hottest Vamps on TV & in the Movies
- Vampire Diaries - Damon. Damon. Damon. It’s the eyes dammit!
- True Blood - Eric. Tall, blonde Viking who’s also evil and bloodthirsty? Love it.
- The Original – Klaus. He is so wicked. So unrepentant. So awesome.
- The Originals – Elijah. He seems so goody two shoes and then he does something evil. Lol.
- The Originals – Marcel. He’s bad, but such a charming flirt.
- Buffy – Spike. Anyone remember that blond haired original bad boy?
- Twilight – Carlisle . For an old guy he’s pretty damned hot.
- Vampire Diaries – Stefan. The new Stefan, who’s got a bad ass thing going on.
- Selene – Underworld. She makes the list because I so totally want to be her!
- Who’s your hottest vamp?
Sexiest Shifters on Television and in the Movies
- Alcide from True Blood. I swear I drool when he takes off that shirt.
- Mystique – X-Men movies. Yes, she’s a girl, but damn, for a blue mutant, she has a body I’d kill for!
- Derek from Teen Wolf. Need I say more?
- Clayton on Bitten. He needs to move on and date someone new. Any volunteers?
- Klaus from the Originals – now he’s technically a hybrid, but hey, he’s got shifter blood. He growls therefore he makes the list lol
- Jacob from Twilight, too young for me, but daughter swears he’s the hottest thing to ever walk this earth J
- Lucien from Underworld. I like them a little evil…
- Navarre in the old classic Lady Hawk. She’s a hawk by day, he a wolf by night. A lovely romance with action.
- Michael from Underworld. Savage beast with a softness for a certain vampire. Yum!
- Name yours!
Top Ten Favorite Movies
- Star Wars Trilogy! I am a total fan of the original 3 lol
- Indian Jones. Loved the hat and the whip J
- Space Balls. I don’t know what that says about me that it makes the list, but I still giggle at the corny jokes.
- Star Trek (2009) OMG I loved this movie about the young Kirk and the rest of the gang. I wasn’t as keen on the second, but I’m hoping they will make a third, one that’s exploring space…the final frontier.
- Chronicles of Riddick. Sci-fi story, action, wicked special effects and Vin Diesel, make this movie awesome.
- Poltergeist. Scary movies with kids freak me out, and this one more than others always stuck with me.
- Ghostbusters. I hear the music and I’m singing at the top of my lungs. And who could ever forget the giant marshmallow man.
- Airplane. Yeah, I’m a sucker for silly humor. But I prefer the older comedy version to the newer ones which are more into shock than clever I find.
- Mr & Mrs Smith. Damn I love that movie. A love story that is so messed up and action packed. The chemistry between them sizzled and hit all my happy spots.
- War of the Roses. Such an awful movie, yet so damned funny!
If I was A Shifter What Animal Would I Be?
My first choice would be a large cat. There is something about a graceful feline, one who can stealthily creep up and pounce scaring the hell out of their target. I also think the whole purring thing is cool.
My second choice would be a bear. I mean, who would want to be cute and cuddly, while at the same time ferocious.
And my third choice? A giant falcon or eagle. The ability to fly is totally awesome
If I Could Have One Magic Power It Would Be…
The ability to move objects with my mind. Oh no, is the TV remote across the room and I’m too couch potatoed to fetch it? With just a thought it comes zooming into my hand. Did the kids once again wait until I sat down to ask me for ketchup? With a zing of my mind, I fetch it from the fridge. And housework? I can totally handle sitting back and relaxing with a book as the mop swirls around the floor.
My second choice would probably be flying. Imagine the liberty of coasting above the neighborhood, peeking on my neighbors, avoiding traffic jams, saving on ridiculous gas costs. Ooh and dropping water bombs on the jerk who keeps speeding down our street with no regard for kids!
And finally, my third magic power would be…energy. Because I would love to be able to keep up with my kids! Lol
What would your choice be?
Top ten paranormal TV shows
A question I get asked a lot is what do I do in my down time. Well, when I’m not Candy Crushing (curse you level 213!), or reading, I’m a TV addict. I’ve got my PVR (which is Canadian for DVR lol), set to record a ridiculous amount of shows. I’m quite pleased at the supernatural lineup available within the past year. Vampires, werewolves, magic and more are everywhere it seems, and I’m going to share my top ten favorite so we can see what we have in common.
- Game of Thrones. This is a MUST see for me. My only lament is the season is so short and there’s not enough of Daenerys Targaryen and I still miss Drogo!
- True Blood, I’ll admit the last season wasn’t my favorite, but that doesn’t mean I’m not still an avid fan. Heck, I’d watch just for Eric and Alcide.
- Sleepy Hollow. Holy smokes what a fabulous new show! Different. Gory. And can you say Ichabod is sexy?!
- Being Human, I started out watching this show in the British version, then got hooked on the American one. I’m not sure where this season is going yet, but it’s got a different take on the supernatural that I like.
- Lost Girl. While I’ll admit I was kind of miffed they brought Lauren back, the Wanderer and the Valkyrie at least make up for it J
- Haven. Talk about a show taking a twist. It seems Haven isn’t done with its troubles.
- Teen Wolf – how did I miss the first two seasons of this show?! Totally sucked into it now and will probably have to get my hands on the ones I missed.
- American Horry Story Coven. Oh. My God. Seriously. Don’t watch this if you’re squeamish. It is disturbing yet riveting. (as is Asylum, the second season. I’ve just recently seen the first season with the haunted house, and yeah, it just reinforces my desire to never buy anything too old lol)
- Bitten. Damn did I enjoy the first season. Can’t wait for the fall.
- Vampire Diaries and the Originals because seriously, Damon, vampires, and well, more vampires. What’s not to love?
- Once Upon A Time – Lost last place because really, the whole Peter Pan thing didn’t do much for me. Hoping it gets better again.
- My newest favorite is now Supernatural. How did I miss so many seasons of this awesome show?! Thank you Netflix, lol